15 March 2010

Creamy Ham and Potato Chowder

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

I'm putting one of my new favorite (and low-calorie, might I add) recipes up today.

Creamy Ham and Potato Chowder

3 c. frozen Southern-Style has brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida, I use Potatoes O'Brien and it's delicious!)

2 1/2 c. 2% milk (I use skim and it's still good)

1/4 t. salt

1 c. diced ham (such as Cumberland Gap)

1/4 t. black pepper

1/2 c. (2oz) 50%-less-fat shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese (such as Cabot)

1/4 c. chopped green onions

Combine first 3 ingredients in a meduim saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.

Stir in ham and pepper; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Mash potatoes slightly using the back of a spoon (I skip mashing the potatoes); stir in cheese and green onions.

Makes 5 servings, 1 c. each.

Enjoy!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment