17 February 2010

Mexican Pasta Skillet

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

This is one of my favorite recipes, and I just happened to find it tucked in a small corner in one of the back pages of Woman's Day magazine.
Mexican Pasta Skillet
(it's essentially Mexican goulash)

heat 1 t. oil in skillet. Brown 1 lb (or 1/2 a lb... that's a lot of meat) ground turkey with 1 small onion, chopped and 2 t. cumin.
stir in 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce, 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn (I use Southwestern-style corn since it has black beans, which I love, in it) and 1 c. cooked pasta.
add 1 T. cilantro to skillet and cook until mixture is heated through. Garnish with shredded Mexican-style cheese blend.
* * * * *
In other news, I found the most delightful cleaning product today. Is it sad that I get excited over such things? Anyway, I was perusing the aisles of the PX when I saw this. I thought it was a bit pricey at first but when I read the bottle, I saw that it's concentrated and when diluted it makes 8 gallons of cleaner... that's a dollar a gallon! It's smells SO good and leaves everything clean and smelling fabulous. To top it off, it's not full of harsh, nasty chemicals. The Lemon Verbena scent is on sale and I'm really tempted to try out a few other products.

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment